Today has been a bit hectic, had lots of Work to do and a Doctor's Appointment too. After a day full of activity, just now got time to sit and relax a bit. A midst this running, i wanted to do something quick n easy for today's post - Mangalore Bonda/Goli Bhajje.Ingredients
1/2 Cup Maida/All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Thick Curd
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
4 green chilies
1 tsp of shredded ginger
2 sprigs of curry leaves
1/4 tsp Cumin/Jeera seeds
- Grind all the ingredients given under "To Grind" to a coarse paste. If you are going to serve this to kids, i would definitely recommend doing this. My Kiddo will not prefer biting a green chili, he will surely never dare to taste that food again. So highly recommended.
- In a Wide Bowl, Take all the ingredients except baking soda and mix well to get a thick batter. Add the ground spice mixture to this and Combine well.
- Just before Deep frying, add Baking soda and give a brisk stir.
- Heat oil in a Kadai/Wide-pan, When it is hot enough, make small balls of the batter using your fingers and gently drop them into oil and Deep fry them in batches. Keep the Flame in Medium while frying, or else you will end up with Browned bonda's with uncooked inside.
- Drain them using a slotted spoon on to Kitchen Towel. Serve them hot with Sauce, tasted better with Schezwan Sauce.
'Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#17