Stuffed Buns were always in my Bake List, Tried baking them once and failed miserably. Since yeast is behaving well these days with me, i thought of trying my long-time wish of Stuffed Buns for this Month's Magic Mingle Pudina and Paneer. Loved the result. I got around dozen rolls, packed half a dozen for my brother's family and rest we enjoyed for the next day Breakfast.
1 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Whole Meal Bread Flour
1 Cup Warm Water (In case using All Purpose flour,use only 1/2 Cup of Water and add more as required)
1/2 tbsp Instant Yeast
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar
For the Filling
2 Large Potatoes, peeled, cubed and boiled
1/2 Cup Crumbled Paneer
1/2 Cup Mint/Pudina leaves
1 medium size onion, finely chopped
3 green chilies
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp red chili powder
1/2 tsp Coriander powder
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
1/4 Cup Milk + 2 tbsp Oil mixed together
Prepare the filling
- Take Pudina/Mint leaves, garlic and green chilies and grind them to a paste in a Mixer.
- In a Non-Stick pan, Heat Oil and Saute Onion, until translucent. Next add ground pudina/mint mixture to it and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add Dry Masala Powder's and Salt and Let this cook for 3 minutes more.
- Add Mashed Potato and mix well. Next Add Crumbled Paneer to this, Mix well. And Let it cook for another 5-8 minutes, until there is no moisture and filling comes together.
- Take it off the Stove and let it cool.
Preparing the Dough
- Take both the flour, yeast, Salt and Sugar Mix together with warm water. Add oil and knead until you get a smooth dough.
- Apply oil and allow to rise for 40-45 minutes. By this time it will be double its initial size.
- In the mean time, prepare the filling.
- Punch down the air in the dough and divide the dough into two equal portions. In case not using the full dough, refrigerate the other half.
- Grease a Baking tray and line it with Parchment paper.
- Generously flour the rolling surface and start rolling the dough. The rolled out dough must be at least half inch thick.
- Spread 3-4 tbsp of filling on the dough and Roll it and cut it into 4-5 equal rolls. Place the rolls with the cut side up in the greased pan. Repeat the same with the remaining dough.
- Apply Milk-oil Wash on top and Sprinkle sesame seeds. Let it sit for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Oven to 180C. Bake the rolls for 25-30 minutes or until the top brown.
- Take it out of the Oven, Let it cool, Serve Warm with Tomato Ketchup and as an Accompaniment to any Warm Soup.
Sending this to Magic Mingle#5, happening @ Sizzling Tastebuds,